I have so much respect for Lisa Drader-Murphy not just as an international fashion designer but also as a savvy businesswoman with an inspiring work ethic. Tune in to this episode of Beyond Our Borders to find out how she has pivoted during our global crisis. We cover everything from when she first started to much needed hair cuts!
- “Part of being a successful entrepreneur is that you’re always learning from mistakes.”
- A supply of high-end vintage wool she stumbled upon in an employer’s warehouse set in motion what would become a fashion empire.
- Her company is completely vertical and is why she and her team were able to act fast once we were hit with lock down. In fact, it took 24 HOURS to reconfigure their production line.
- Did you know that Lisa and her fashion company are taught in universities for exploring sustainability (long) before it was the trend to do so?
- Find out how she handled getting criticism for making masks.
- Listen to find out her advice to budding fashion designers and why this advice has never changed.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Breaker | Overcast | Pocket Casts | RadioPublic | RSS
Producers: Tanya Chedrawy & Michael Boyd
Host: Tanya Chedrawy tanyamedia.com
Guest: Lisa Drader-Murphy – Fashion Designer
Recorded through the facilities of Podcast Atlantic
Sound Recording and Editing by Michael Boyd of Podcast Atlantic
Follow us on Twitter: @TanyaChedrawy
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tanyachedrawy/
Music Far Away by Pre Kiilstofte
Logo Created by Tanya Chedrawy
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org