About 25 years ago, the injury, rehabilitation and release of an injured robin set in motion what would eventually become a beloved global television series and—one woman’s mission to reconnect humans to their natural world.
I’m talking about the inimitable Hope Swinimer and the critters in the global television series Hope for Wildlife that have captured our hearts. Currently in it’s 10th season, the series documents the rehabilitation and release of thousands of injured or orphaned wild animals.
A charitable organization, they are conducting their first-ever online 50/50 fundraiser. Today (May 6th) is the last day to participate and the winner takes home half of the funds raised! You can purchase tickets here: hoperaffle.ca. The winner will be announced May 9th. Currently the jackpot is $99,540!
This is the second time I interview Hope and it’s truly an honor that she is able to carve out the time as she receives hundreds of emails a day and her rehabilitation and education centre runs seven days a week. Much gratitude to you Hope.
Tune into the full interview by clicking on the link below.
Here are some highlights:
- Hope is a trailblazer in wildlife rehabilitation and is responsible for the first ever permit in Nova Scotia.
- Did you know that you can live anywhere in Nova Scotia and still volunteer for Hope for Wildlife?
- In 2019, Hope was recognized for her lifelong dedication with an Honorary Degree from Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, NS.
- “Keep trying and never give up!” is a quote she lives by.
- Even as a shy child Hope had a “…very deep connection to the natural world.”
Tune in to find out how they are operating during COVID-19.
Producers: Tanya Chedrawy & Michael Boyd
Host: Tanya Chedrawy tanyamedia.com
Guest: Hope Swinimer – Hope for Wildlife
Recorded through the facilities of Podcast Atlantic
Sound Recording and Editing by Michael Boyd of Podcast Atlantic
Follow us on Twitter: @TanyaChedrawy
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tanyachedrawy/
Music Far Away by Pre Kiilstofte
Logo Created by Tanya Chedrawy
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org