Saeed El Darahali arrived in Canada with his family at the tender age of 12 and he didn’t speak any English. At 14, he became a first time entrepreneur selling cotton candy. By 17 he enlisted in the military to give back to his country.
Today he is a globally recognized top tech CEO. His company SimplyCast, is one of the world’s first multi-channel marketing platforms, helping companies efficiently and effectively communicate with their customers. He was recently congratulated by the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau on the occasion of the company’s 10th anniversary. Don’t miss this conversation with a recognized leader and tech innovator!
- When it comes to hiring it’s important to understand what someone’s passion is.
- You have to be prepared to put in thousands of hours to build a company. This was Saeed’s biggest challenge in the beginning—working 18 to 20 hrs a day, 24 hours never seemed enough.
- Millennials seek to make an IMPACT and will sacrifice income to do so.
- No one at SimplyCast reports to anyone else. Saeed recognizes that positivity makes people work hard not the fear that can come into play when trying to please a boss.
- A great leader is one who listens.
- Find out more about SimplyCast’s upcoming 10th anniversary extravaganza.
- Find out what business book Saeed recommends!
Producers: Tanya Chedrawy & Michael Boyd
Host: Tanya Chedrawy tanyamedia.com
Guest: Saeed El-Darahali, SimplyCast
Recorded through the facilities of Podcast Atlantic
Sound Recording and Editing by Michael Boyd of Podcast Atlantic
Follow us on Twitter: @TanyaChedrawy
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tanyachedrawy/
Music Far Away by Pre Kiilstofte
Logo Created by Tanya Chedrawy
Email us at: email@example.com